Our donor-friendly approach allows your clients to participate in many aspects of funding and grantmaking without the administrative responsibilities.
Because OCF is a public charity, we are eligible to offer maximum tax deductions and other advantages not available to private foundations. This is a tremendous benefit for your clients, not least because it makes more funding available to support their philanthropic interests.
Professional Asset Management
Your client’s donated assets are professionally managed according to the investment policy established by OCF's board of directors. Each fund is pooled and invested as part of the Foundation’s total assets. This results in lower management fees, greater investment diversification, and minimized investment risk.
We provide all administrative services relating to a donor’s fund, including accounting, auditing, financial management, due diligence, grantmaking and evaluation. As a result, your client can fully enjoy the pleasure of giving without the administrative burden. OCF's professional staff is accessible and supportive. We excel at — and enjoy — connecting donors, their areas of interest and the needs of Oregonians.
Individualized Charitable Goals
Our depth and breadth of experience allow us to assist you in serving clients who have diverse philanthropic goals, such as:
- Multiple charities. We regularly assist clients in giving to one charity or many, and in setting up scholarship programs.
- Legacy giving. If your clients want to create a personal or family legacy in the community, we can help them to achieve their long-term vision.
- Income streams. OCF professionals are experienced in managing gifts that provide an income stream from an appreciated asset.
- Life insurance and IRAs. We frequently work with donors whose assets include life insurance benefits and IRAs that will be subject to income and estate taxes when passed to beneficiaries. Gifting these assets to OCF allows them to pass without the tax burden.
- Family businesses. OCF can assist donors who have assets held in a closely held company.
Learn more by contacting an OCF philanthropic advisor.